Glossary proxy in HTML output

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
rogersm
Propeller Head

Glossary proxy in HTML output

Post by rogersm »

Hi there,

For our HTML output, we include a glossary proxy in a topic to generate a glossary of all our terms. The glossary proxy is set to generate headings so that each glossary term displays vertically under its appropriate alphabetic heading (A, B, C,..). We have been asked it if it is possible to additionally include a horizontal alphabet list of links at the top of our glossary output so that users can just click on the link to navigate around the glossary without having to scroll down. Some people are lazy about scrolling :D! So it would look like this:
glossary.PNG
The format of the glossary proxy headings in Flare are based on div.GlossaryPageHeading. So I guess what we would need to do is link to these headings somehow. Is this possible to do or has anyone implemented sometime similar to this screenshot in their glossary?

As a separate question, but still related to glossaries, if I generate a PDF based on a glossary proxy, is there any way to make the PDF display the glossary headings (A, B, C,...) as Bookmarks in the PDF?

thanks,
mark
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eawelch
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Glossary proxy in HTML output

Post by eawelch »

Hello! Did anyone ever find a fix for this? I'm trying to solve this exact issue in my HTML5 output at the moment.

Thanks!
Psider
Propellus Maximus

Post by Psider »

I think you should be able to use a menu proxy that displays only the style used for the letter headings. Then you'd need to do some flex css styling to get it to display horizontally rather than vertically.

The iProov Documentation Center example from the MadCap Customer Showcase shows the vertical example: https://www.madcapsoftware.com/customer ... -showcase/
eawelch
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by eawelch »

Thank you! I'll give that a try. So far when I've tried a menu proxy it breaks when I try to have it display the glossary headings.