December 30 1600 Variable on Search Page

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
sds
Propeller Head

December 30 1600 Variable on Search Page

Post by sds »

I was only able to find one other post about this, posted in January 2019. It didn't seem completely resolved.

I decided to add a date/time variable to my Master Page in my Top Nav project. In fact, I have 3 different Master Pages in that project, and at first I'd added it to all 3. When I built the output, I was pleased with the results. Then I tested a search and found the date/time variable defaulted to December 30 1600. I'm fairly good at finding my way around Flare these days, but I just can't get that date/time to show up on my regular Topics, and not on the search page (or, on the search page but properly formatted). I tried removing it from all the Master Pages that didn't need it and it did not resolve it. The other post I mentioned described creating a handmade search page. I'm wanting to avoid that. And I'm assuming Flare uses the (default) Master Page for the Top Nav skin? So I can't set it to another Master Page?

What's more frustrating, is that I have another project that uses the Tripane skin. I put the date/time variable on the Master Page that's used on all Topics, and it doesn't default to December 30 1600 in the search results there. I'm at a loss and hoping for some tips.

EDIT: In the Tripane project, the date/time variable doesn't show up at all. Which tells me that at least in that project, it's not using the Master Page?
David Skoglund
Propeller Head

Re: December 30 1600 Variable on Search Page

Post by David Skoglund »

Just curious if you managed to solve this issue. I implemented the last updated date on my master page and I'm seeing the same thing on the search results page.
sds
Propeller Head

Re: December 30 1600 Variable on Search Page

Post by sds »

Unfortunately, no. I ended up giving up on it. I have the variable in a couple of other projects and they work just fine. The project that I was struggling with it on in 2019 ended up getting retired actually.
I'm working on a new project that's replacing that project... So I will eventually get to this again. You just reminded me that it was a problem LOL. I'm using side nav on this one. Something is making me remember that I really thought it had to do with the skin.