Link two different topics to same search phrase

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
jack16
Propeller Head

Link two different topics to same search phrase

Post by jack16 »

How would you link two different topics to the same search phrase so both topics appear at or near the top of the search results list in HTML5 output?
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Link two different topics to same search phrase

Post by NorthEast »

In HTML5, Flare ranks the search results based on the topic content - e.g. you can improve the ranking by using terms in the heading.
See http://kb.madcapsoftware.com/Content/Fl ... _works.htm

If you want to link a particular phrase to a topic, and make it stand out in the search results, then use micro content. For example, you could add a microcontent response that displays some content with links to the most relevant topics.
Example: https://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare20 ... crocontent
jack16
Propeller Head

Post by jack16 »

I appreciate the help, Dave.
Louise Bennett
Propeller Head

Post by Louise Bennett »

Sort of related to this - hoping the trusty brains trust can help with a hypothetical.

If I have multiple pieces of micro content that contain some common words in their phrases, would more than one of them appear in the search results if a user enters some of the words that are common to multiple phrases? Or can only one piece of micro content be displayed at a time? If only one would be shown, how would Flare decide which one to display?

As an example, I have multiple phrases all starting with naming rules for...

I could set this up and test it, but I thought you guys might be able to save me the trouble if you already knew the answer.

Cheers, Louise.