Offering files for download

This forum is for all Flare issues related to getting started and installing the application.
olle
Propeller Head

Offering files for download

Post by olle »

I wonder, if it is possible, to include files for download in a topic? This file should not be shown with it's content (it's an other file format, it's not included in the file fomat list list, when you choose to insert images or multimedia files).
Cheers
Oliver
Last edited by olle on Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Psider
Propellus Maximus

Re: Offering files for download

Post by Psider »

What happens if you put the file in the folder you want using file explorer, and just create a link to it? (For ease, I think I'd include the file in the same folder as the topic I was linking from, so I didn't have to worry about whether the relative path was created correctly.)
olle
Propeller Head

Post by olle »

Psider wrote:What happens if you put the file in the folder you want using file explorer, and just create a link to it? (For ease, I think I'd include the file in the same folder as the topic I was linking from, so I didn't have to worry about whether the relative path was created correctly.)
Thank You, this works!
But is this the official way to do that?
I ask, because, I want to be sure, that this will still works in 5 years.....
doloremipsum
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by doloremipsum »

Absolutely - if you read the Help Topic on Text Links carefully you'll see that you can basically link to any sort of file.
https://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare20 ... rlinks.htm

If the file is not stored in your main project (e.g. somewhere on a web server) you might want to use an external link:
https://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare20 ... -Files.htm
in hoc foro dolorem ipsum amamus, consectimur, adipisci volumus.
olle
Propeller Head

Post by olle »

Great. This makes sense. Thank You!