Incorrect page count

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
rebecca_w
Jr. Propeller Head

Incorrect page count

Post by rebecca_w »

Hi everyone,

I don't know why, but Flare doesn't count my total page count correctly.

I have inserted the page numbers by using variables on the PageLayouts: [System.PageNumber] of [System.PageCount] (e.g. 1 of 28).
My document has 29 pages, while Flare only counts 28. So when arriving at the last page of the document, the page number displayed is "29 of 28".

Does anyone know why this may be the case? :)
Thank you!
SKamprowski
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Incorrect page count

Post by SKamprowski »

Hi Rebecca,

I suggest to look at your toc entries, check the Printed Output tab for the first entry that has the wrong numbering.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kind regards,
Sabine Kamprowski
DocToHelp MVP (by ComponentOne)
rebecca_w
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by rebecca_w »

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.
The total page count is incorrect throughout the whole document (it says "x of 28" throughout the whole document, while there are a total of 29 pages).
I have also checked the printed output tab, but it appears to be correct...
robdocsmith
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by robdocsmith »

I've not come across this issue before, but it might be a pagination issue as the PDF gets built. The build process goes in various sequences and page count from memory is one of the early stages. It might be that after page count is calculated there is a page that slightly overflows pushing content onto the next page and increasing the count. Can you compare print preview of each page with the PDF and see if there are any pages that differ? I've had issues with pagination in preview not being quite as per the PDF because when rendered and positioned on a page, items push things around a little bit.

Just thinking aloud.

Rob