Segmentation Rules to isolate bold text?

This Forum is for general issues about MadCap Lingo
RobSwanson
Propeller Head

Segmentation Rules to isolate bold text?

Post by RobSwanson »

Is there any way to create a segmentation rule that breaks out bold text? We want our UI terms broken out to their own segment to apply the TM consistently.
RobSwanson
Propeller Head

Re: Segmentation Rules to isolate bold text?

Post by RobSwanson »

Found out how, but it was a dumb request. Nouns aren't always used in the same place in a sentence in other languages.
robdocsmith
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by robdocsmith »

Don't know if this is the 'right' way to do it, but I mark all my UI terms in a span with the class "UIElement". Then advise the TX team to not translate text in those spans. In my CSS they are defined as bold text (making it easy if I decide to change from bold to a colour or something else).

Rob
Dafra08
Propeller Head

Post by Dafra08 »

robdocsmith wrote:Don't know if this is the 'right' way to do it, but I mark all my UI terms in a span with the class "UIElement". Then advise the TX team to not translate text in those spans. In my CSS they are defined as bold text (making it easy if I decide to change from bold to a colour or something else).

Rob
Or just make a variable set of your UI terms. Then they won't be translated, and if you decide to translate the software at a later stage you can just replace the variable set in the translated Flare project with a variable with the translated strings.