Adding mc-hidden: hidden does not hide the style

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
Meligator
Propeller Head

Adding mc-hidden: hidden does not hide the style

Post by Meligator »

There are classes in the CSS that are used to style our pages, but never need to be manually selected from the Style Window. I'm trying to prevent Flare from showing them in the Style Window. I've added the following property to the CSS definition, but it's not working:
mc-hidden: hidden;

For example, I have the following in the CSS, but the Style Window still lists #hideMoreLink:

#hideMoreLink
{
list-style-image: url('../images/icons/triangle_up.png');
}

I've tried closing and reopening the project and Flare itself, but that didn't help.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Adding mc-hidden: hidden does not hide the style

Post by Nita Beck »

I think you've hit a known Flare bug. I know that certain other things such as generic selectors can't be hidden.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
Meligator
Propeller Head

Post by Meligator »

Ah, yes -- I found that in the documentation. So now I have this (as one example):

p.content-box
{
}

But it still doesn't work. When I put my cursor in a paragraph in Flare, I can still select .content-box from the Styles pane.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

Did you add that to a specific medium but the XML Editor is not set to filter for that medium?
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
Meligator
Propeller Head

Post by Meligator »

No, but I figured out the problem. This was working for some things but not for others. When I realized that you can't use mc-hidden on just a class, I didn't realize that it won't work if your CSS defines the class without any selectors. For example, I thought that if our CSS defined .content-box, I could hide that class by adding p.content-box (etc.) with the mc-hidden attribute. Makes sense, now that I think about it. Thanks!
Matt Harris
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by Matt Harris »

It doesn't make sense. If there is a facility to hide irrelevant classes, it should work whether there is a selector present or not.
I had this problem too, but specifying the class did not fix it. It seems to be something to do with our use of multiple stylesheets that form a hierarchy through stylesheet linking. But I found that if I add the mc-hidden property the class in the stylesheet set as the primary stylesheet (not just in the stylesheet included in the primary stylesheet via linking), it finally works. It works, but it is annoying that I have to have multiple definitions of the same class split over multiple stylesheets to make it work!
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

I tried hiding some divs that had classes, and they weren't hidden either. Why is this so difficult?
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx