"Convert first occurrence of term" glossary breaking things

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
RonGardner
Jr. Propeller Head

"Convert first occurrence of term" glossary breaking things

Post by RonGardner »

Has anyone had an issue with using the "Convert first occurrence of term" option in a target? When I choose the "Convert first" option when building HTML output, my glossary terms appear, but the hover over icon is not there and "Closed" appears in it's place. The hover function works fine, however, and the term definition appears, but this also breaks all my drop-down lists in a similar manner ("Closed" and no icon). However, if I manually insert glossary term links in the project and select "Convert only marked items" in the target, I do not have this problem and things work as intended, both in the glossary terms and the drop-down headers. Fortunately, it's a small project, so manually flagging terms at the moment is doable, but not something I want to continue doing. Full disclosure, I also created a Glossary topic with a glossary proxy as a fall back.
urilewi
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: "Convert first occurrence of term" glossary breaking thi

Post by urilewi »

Hi
experiencing the same thing - attached a screenshot
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pip Boys
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: "Convert first occurrence of term" glossary breaking things

Post by Pip Boys »

Yes I am getting exactly the same issue. I have a project that I have inherited from the businesses previous TA (he left before I started), I have created a project template from that and used it to create a new project for a new product.
The original project is having this exact issue, however the new project is not!!! It is driving me mad.
If I investigate the source in EDGE, I can see that it cannot find the image 'Transparent.png'. I have no idea where this image is coming from but it is being generated in the output. It is placing a random image between the Term I want as the glossary item, then showing the Alt Text which I should not be seeing and then behind the alt text is the Glossary drop down.

If anyone has a solution for this I would be most grateful, else I will have to remove the glossary option in this project which is annoying.