Opening Two of the Same Topic

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
Wyatt Stueven
Propeller Head

Opening Two of the Same Topic

Post by Wyatt Stueven »

Good Afternoon All,

I'm currently working on a project that is heavily regulated in the way it's ran. I have one very long topic that uses cross references to itself much later in the topic. I'm wondering if there is a way to open the same topic twice so I can see what's on the top of the topic and at the bottom at the same time to reduce confusion and my places in the document. PDF has the ability to do this with the Window -> New Window functionality.
Feebeegeebee
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Opening Two of the Same Topic

Post by Feebeegeebee »

Hi Wyatt,
If you select the topic in the Content Explorer and right-click, you have the option to Open With >
This gives you a choice of ways to open the topic you are currently editing in the Internal Browser or any browser you have installed, or even the Internal Text Editor.
I use this a lot when editing long topics.
Hope that helps with what you need.
Regards,
Feebeegeebee
-----------------------------------------------------
Using Flare 2022 on Windows 11 (64-bit)
-----------------------------------------------------
Wyatt Stueven
Propeller Head

Re: Opening Two of the Same Topic

Post by Wyatt Stueven »

Feebeegeebee wrote:Hi Wyatt,
If you select the topic in the Content Explorer and right-click, you have the option to Open With >
This gives you a choice of ways to open the topic you are currently editing in the Internal Browser or any browser you have installed, or even the Internal Text Editor.
I use this a lot when editing long topics.
Hope that helps with what you need.
Regards,
Feebeegeebee
It's close to what I want but not quite, I'm looking for an editable second window. It looks like Word also has the ability to do this where it essentially creates a duplicate window that you can edit and the changes will apply in both. It's very handy for editing the beginning of the document and the bottom of the document at the same time where they reference eachother.