How do I set the column widths in a table?

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
andy_smith
Propeller Head

How do I set the column widths in a table?

Post by andy_smith »

When I drag column widths in a table the width does not stick when I render to PDF.

I have tried adjusting (dragging in the XML editor) the column with of a table setting it to 600px. The Text Editor confirms the first column is 600px. The second column has no width definition shown in the text editor. There are only two columns.

When I run the PDF target the columns come out with the first column much wider than I have asked for, perhaps 90% of the width of the table

The files in this ToC (in which this table appears) are called up in three different Targets. The column problem is happening in all three targets.

This is a table in an existing topic I’ve inherited from a previous author. I’m wondering if there is a style sheet overriding it somewhere in Flare but I only have a vague idea of the way Flare works other than a rudimentary understanding of CSS. The style sheet called up in the Table Properties dialogue doesn’t seem to define any width specs that I can see.
I'm on UK time (UTC+0). I work Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday so I may not see replies outside of those days.
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: How do I set the column widths in a table?

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

Do you have a tablestyle applied to the table? You'll see in your text editor, which I see you're using. If so, then that may be where the problem is, as I think the table styles take precedence. I could be wrong on that, but try applying a tablestyle and see what happens.
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
SteveS
Senior Propellus Maximus
Location: Adelaide, far side of the world ( 34°56'0.78\"S 138°46'44.28\"E).

Re: How do I set the column widths in a table?

Post by SteveS »

600px is pretty close to page width. I believe the standard pdf engine uses 72 pixels to an inch.

I set my images to 550px which fills an A4 page with a little bit of extra white space when compared to the surrounding text.
Steve
Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad red wine.