Show all conditions used in a specific topic

This forum is for Single-Sourcing your Flare content to multiple outputs.
Arla
Jr. Propeller Head

Show all conditions used in a specific topic

Post by Arla »

Hi,

is there a possibility to get a list of all conditions used in a file (html or flsnp)?

For example, I created a snippet that uses five different snippet conditions. Now I want to get an overview of all these conditions without clicking every paragraph that has a condition and writing down these conditions (that's what I'm doing now). So the "report" basically could look like this:

Code: Select all

NewCoolSnippet.flsnp - Contains the following condtions:
* MySnippetConditionTagSet.Condition1
* MySnippetConditionTagSet.Condition2
* MySnippetConditionTagSet.Condition3
* TargetConditions.Dummies
* TargetConditions.AdvancedUsers

I tried some reports but they didn't help and are also created for the whole project - I only need a report for a single file :)

Best regards
doloremipsum
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Show all conditions used in a specific topic

Post by doloremipsum »

You could try Find & Replace and search for the text MadCap:conditions="*" with the following settings:
  • Find in: Current Document
  • Find in Source Code
  • Search type: Wildcards
I think that should get you everything, and you can export from the find window if you need to!
in hoc foro dolorem ipsum amamus, consectimur, adipisci volumus.
Arla
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by Arla »

doloremipsum wrote:You could try Find & Replace and search for the text MadCap:conditions="*" with the following settings:
  • Find in: Current Document
  • Find in Source Code
  • Search type: Wildcards
I think that should get you everything, and you can export from the find window if you need to!
Hi,

thanks for your answer. I really like this idea but unfortunately Flare's find feature doesn't like it the same way. The search results window does not show the complete search result in the code, but only a fraction of the code. Even exporting to CSV does not make it better.
It looks like this:

Code: Select all

Context
...Cap:conditionalText MadCap:conditions="W...
...<p MadCap:conditions="W...
Unfortunately, even with this solution, the problem would still be that I would have to go through the search results and cross out conditions found twice (or even more often).
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

This idea might not get you all the way there, but it can help nonetheless...

With the topic or snippet open in the XML Editor, open the View Links window. (I have that window permanently docked to the right of the XML Editor, along with others such as the Styles window.) The Linked To list at the bottom right will list all other files the topic or snippet links to, including condition sets (.flcts). You'll still need to ascertain exactly which conditions in the linked condition sets are referenced in the topic or snippet.

HTH
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
Arla
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by Arla »

Hi Nita,

thank you! This helps a lot.

Maybe someday Madcap adds this feature to Flare :)