"The negotiation of key exchange method has failed"

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
oceanclub
Sr. Propeller Head

"The negotiation of key exchange method has failed"

Post by oceanclub »

Has anyone seen the message "The negotiation of key exchange method has failed" when trying to publish via SFTP using password as authentication? I can connect to the same server via WinSCP with no issue.

P.
Vinciane
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: "The negotiation of key exchange method has failed"

Post by Vinciane »

Hello,
We had the same issue following an update of Open SSH. After investigation, we found that Open SSH has dropped weak cryptographic algorithms, and the Flare SSH client does not support stronger algorithms. We had no other solution than downgrading our Open SSH server configuration to support the old and weak algorithm to fix the problem.
V.
oceanclub
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by oceanclub »

Vinciane wrote:Hello,
We had the same issue following an update of Open SSH. After investigation, we found that Open SSH has dropped weak cryptographic algorithms, and the Flare SSH client does not support stronger algorithms. We had no other solution than downgrading our Open SSH server configuration to support the old and weak algorithm to fix the problem.
V.
Thanks for the response!

P.
jbkalla
Propeller Head

Post by jbkalla »

I had the same issue, and got this response. Hopefully they can get it updated by v2024:
Hello John,

Open SSH generates a SHA-2 key and support for SHA-2 and SHA-3 keys is an existing feature request on our end.

I have created a Feature Request and submitted it to our Product Management team for review. You will be notified automatically via email when the feature is included in a future patch or release version.

As for now, only the SHA-1 hash is supported by Flare.