code snippet copy function inserts hidden characters

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
0Qq5Ew538tV
Propeller Head

code snippet copy function inserts hidden characters

Post by 0Qq5Ew538tV »

When users use the copy button to copy a code snippet, and then paste it into their editor, the code contains hidden <0xa0> characters which is the hex code for NBSP; HTML codes. If a user simply highlights the code and pastes into their editor there are no hidden characters. The Flare copy button is inserting these hidden characters, and it's become quite the headache since our customer's code won't run if they use the "copy" button from the code snippet.

See attached image for an example of what I'm talking about.

I've tried everything I can think of with the code snippet settings to prevent this behavior, but the hidden characters are always included no matter what. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: code snippet copy function inserts hidden characters

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

This might be something to talk to Tech Support about, as it might be a bug. In fact, why not just report it as a bug and see what Tech Support say? Link for reporting bugs is in my signature below.
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
RStreets
Propeller Head

Re: code snippet copy function inserts hidden characters

Post by RStreets »

Did the OP report this as a bug? I've found this problem (in Flare 2022 r2-posted about it then-and still in Flare 2022 r3) or rather my QA colleagues did (I'd copied out and pasted into several code editors, but hadn't ever compiled :oops: ). I've been trying to get Tech Support to recognise the problem, but I'll now point them here as further evidence. It'd be lovely to see it fixed.

In the meantime, I'm either going back to pre tags, or investigating if I can hide the copy button in the code snippet-keeps the enhanced formatting; leaves the users to know to select and copy in the usual way.

ETA: In my experiments the non-breaking space are not inserted by the Flare copy button: they are in the web-page content. I'm back to pre tags
Rae Streets (Flare user since 2017, now on Flare 2023; Central user from 2020)