Set default for "Auto end on blank page" to Disabled

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
sparklyfirefly
Propeller Head

Set default for "Auto end on blank page" to Disabled

Post by sparklyfirefly »

Hi all

When outputting printed docs, we don't use the "Auto-end on blank page" functionality. Unfortunately, it is set to Enabled by default. We would like to set the default value to be Disabled instead of Enabled. We never enable this and it is just another thing that needs to be set for each topic in our TOC. Does anyone know where this value is stored in the code so that we don't have to change it every time?

Thanks
Laura
robdocsmith
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Set default for "Auto end on blank page" to Disabled

Post by robdocsmith »

That would be a useful feature and I too would benefit from being able to set it once and not have to worry about new topics. I don't know a way of defaulting the behaviour, but what I do is periodically open all branches in the TOC, select all files and then go into properties and make sure the auto-end on blank page is not set or half set. If you don't touch any other parameters while doing this only the control you've changed will be affected on open files. Still, it's annoying to have to remember to do it.
sparklyfirefly
Propeller Head

Re: Set default for "Auto end on blank page" to Disabled

Post by sparklyfirefly »

Thanks for replying, Rob, that's a useful tip. I'll pass it on to the team here.
Laura