Central Reviews - How to Hide Tags

peterb
Propeller Head

Central Reviews - How to Hide Tags

Post by peterb »

Hello all! Is there a way to stop the visual tags (the square brackets) from displaying in the Review items in Central? It makes the content difficult to review. I cannot find any way to toggle these on/off in Central, and hiding them in Flare prior to sending them to Central for review does not have any effect. Please let me know if there is a way to do this. Thank you!
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Central Reviews - How to Hide Tags

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

Bad news - I don't think it's possible.

Central as a review portal just doesn't work for us, so we now generate Word outputs and send those to reviewers.

I think Madcap are (or at least were) intending to rework the review feature of Central but I don't know if they are actually doing it

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I'll be delighted if someone tells me I'm wrong!
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
peterb
Propeller Head

Post by peterb »

Thank you for your response. I actually just got a reply from MadCap Support stating that there is no way to remove the tags from the Review items, so we will have to determine how much of a hardship this would be for our reviewers.
ClanMoffat
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by ClanMoffat »

That sounds like time for a "training opportunity" for your reviewers! :D
I make significant use of variables and find it helpful to see what is/isn't a variable in the review.

Rather than remove the brackets totally, a switch on/off would be useful!

One problem, I've found is that Central doesn't cope too well when a variable has a "blank value", which is an OK situation in the docs I am producing.
I've raised a bug already, as Central just throws up the text "Still Loading"... :lol:

Enjoy!