Links not working in pdf after conversion from FrameMaker to Flare

This forum is for all Flare issues related to importing files or projects.
tdirks
Jr. Propeller Head

Links not working in pdf after conversion from FrameMaker to Flare

Post by tdirks »

We have just started the conversion of a large set of FrameMaker manuals to Flare. These manuals are in multiple book files, and we want to be able to output to pdf and HTML5 after the conversion. So far, we have not had much success getting the links to work within a single book, and there are also quite a few links that will go between books. When I right-click the links in the pdf and select Edit Link, the action for that link is to Execute a menu item - open a web link.

Here is an example of one of the links as it appears in the pdf file after generating the pdf in Flare:

import-link:vm.single_valve_2937665187_1134723

Here is the link as it appears in the htm source file in Flare:

<MadCap:xref class="Heading" href="import-link:vm.single_valve_2937665187_1134723" MadCap:unresolvedLink="import-link:vm.single_valve_2937665187_1134723"><span class="Link">Single Valve Function</span></MadCap:xref>

I'm not sure why this is an unresolved link. The links all work in the pdf for the book generated from FrameMaker. All links in FrameMaker have been created by using the Insert > Cross Reference option, not the Insert > Hypertext option. However, some of the cross reference links have Paragraphs used as the Source Type in the Cross Reference dialog box, and some of them have Cross-Reference Markers used as the Source type. I'm not sure if that would make a difference in the Flare conversion.

Any suggestions on what the issue might be with these links? Also, on a related question, is there any way to mass convert hyperlinks to cross references in Flare?