Flare pushes comments in CSS to new line - Workaround?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
traceytaylor
Jr. Propeller Head

Flare pushes comments in CSS to new line - Workaround?

Post by traceytaylor »

Hi, all.

We like to edit our CSS files in Notepad++. Occasionally, there are helpful things in the Flare CSS UI, so we'll open the files from there. Unfortunately, opening and saving a file in Flare's CSS UI pushes comments to a new line rather than keeping them where I placed them. Has anyone found a way to overcome this issue? I've tried using only spaces before a comment, using only a tab before a comment, but the results are inconclusive. The pushing to a new line seems inconsistent, and I haven't figured out why it happens or how to prevent it

Tips? Tricks? Helpful advice?

Thanks!
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Flare pushes comments in CSS to new line - Workaround?

Post by Nita Beck »

No workaround that I know of. It’s an annoyance for sure.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
traceytaylor
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by traceytaylor »

I've opened a bug report ticket with MadCap, and I will update here once I learn more.
traceytaylor
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by traceytaylor »

I sent MadCap Support two copies of our CSS file: One before opening it in the Flare UI, and one after it's saved in Flare. The comments' placement was noticeably changed, sometimes horribly. And inconsistently! I explained that Flare should not touch any comments. People place them where they do for specific reasons.

Response:
Regarding this issue, I have submitted a Bug Report on your behalf (#180921) to our development team and you will be notified via email if a fix for this is included in a future patch or release version.

Unfortunately, there is currently no workaround for this issue. I apologize for the inconvenience this issue is causing.

Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this issue.
Thank you and have a good rest of your day.

:roll: Love the placation. But at least the now know about it. It's only been happening since 2009....