Queries with highlighted text

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
JDTS
Jr. Propeller Head

Queries with highlighted text

Post by JDTS »

I have texts (in pdf output) with a large number of queries. I can use a code snippet for queries, which usually works fine. However, I’ve got queries in which some parts of code have been highlighted (because these still need to be adjusted by the user, for example). Is it possible to highlight parts of a query in code snippets? And if not, does anybody know a workaround that allows me to insert a query with highlighted parts of code into a topic (it does not have to be a code snippet).

I’d rather not insert the queries as images, because the reader needs to be able to select the text. I’d also rather not insert queries as plain text, because the code language needs to be preserved.
doloremipsum
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Queries with highlighted text

Post by doloremipsum »

Yes, this is a bit of a limitation of code snippets...
You might have to choose between highlighting and code colours. If you use <pre> tags, you can add span classes to the text like normal, but you don't get the colours, whereas code snippets give you colours but no ability to highlight.

I've also run into this limitation when I need to use a variable in the code - I'm forced to use pre tags or repeat the code snippet with conditions.
in hoc foro dolorem ipsum amamus, consectimur, adipisci volumus.