Hide TOC Entry in Printed Ouput?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
teknikulriter
Propeller Head

Hide TOC Entry in Printed Ouput?

Post by teknikulriter »

Hello

Due to GitHub constraints, we've had to add a cover and signature page PDF to a TOC of one of our user guides. Is there a setting we can apply so that the cover and signature page do not appear in the PDF outputs' bookmark's or in the output Table of Contents?

Thanks!
teknikulriter
Propeller Head

Re: Hide TOC Entry in Printed Ouput?

Post by teknikulriter »

OK! As usual, no responses in a timely fashion. Not sure that these forums are really worth the effort.

I opening another ticket again to have this resolved
SteveS
Senior Propellus Maximus
Location: Adelaide, far side of the world ( 34°56'0.78\"S 138°46'44.28\"E).

Post by SteveS »

This is a peer-to-peer forum, although Madcap folk drop in from time to time.

Anyone who contributes does so willingly and voluntarily. If people don't have an answer, they won't spend time writing a response.
Steve
Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad red wine.
robdocsmith
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by robdocsmith »

And sometimes we're just busy! You had waited less than a day! On time critical matters I'd go to Madcap support for help directly. Or perhaps the Slack community. But again, that's peer to peer so will greatly depend on people's knowledge on that particular issue and their workload. I've always found the community here helpful and responsive when given enough information to go on.

For my part, I produce solely PDF documents and have a cover and copyrights page that do not appear in the PDF sidebar TOC or the generated TOC that is created in my TOC proxy. Both pages are at the start of my Flare TOC and both feature no H1-H6 headings so there is nothing for Flare to grab and include in the TOC proxy. I mimic an H1-style heading on my Copyright page using a special class of p tag. This has no mc-heading-level setting and therefore isn't included in the proxy.

Rob