Kerning Changed but I don't know where

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
MadKiwiCap
Propeller Head

Kerning Changed but I don't know where

Post by MadKiwiCap »

Something has changed and I don't know where.
I've inherited this project and don't know how it's been set up, I'm also new to Flare so it's a double whammy.

Our cover page used to look like this:
Original_kerning.png
Now when I create or preview, it looks like this:
Broken_kerning.png
This is the code:
Kerning_Code.png
(Apologies for the low quality, 256k is a low filesize cap)

I checked the letter-spacing in the CSS but it's all blank.
Any idea why this kerning would change?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Kerning Changed but I don't know where

Post by Nita Beck »

See my reply to your similar post: viewtopic.php?t=34255

I don’t think it’s a kerning issue per se. It’s that the font is defaulting to Helvetica because the fonts you’ve specified in the stylesheet haven’t been installed on your computer.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
MadKiwiCap
Propeller Head

Post by MadKiwiCap »

Nita Beck wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 3:21 pm See my reply to your similar post: viewtopic.php?t=34255

I don’t think it’s a kerning issue per se. It’s that the font is defaulting to Helvetica because the fonts you’ve specified in the stylesheet haven’t been installed on your computer.
Thanks Nita

It turns out that is wasn't a kerning issue, but the fact that Flare want's to default to Helvetica, but it's not installed on my system and thát caused the kerning issue. It's probably not Madcap's doing, but the way my project was set up.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

I don't think it has anything to do with how your Flare project is set up. Rather, it's that the font was not installed on Windows. In any case, I'm glad you got it sorted out.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!