Different search results for different users?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
David Skoglund
Propeller Head

Different search results for different users?

Post by David Skoglund »

I got a note from one of my company's customer reps this morning. They were doing a demo for someone and searched for something in our help system. They got zero results, so naturally they sent me a not so happy note. They included a screen shot of the results.

The problem is that when I perform the exact same search on the same system I get the multiple results that I expect to see.

I'm at a loss as to what might be going on. Anyone run into anything like this before?
Psider
Propellus Maximus

Re: Different search results for different users?

Post by Psider »

Maybe caching and they have an older version of the site or some of the files are causing conflicts/confusion (this is usually related to the javascript files which are usually considered static content by web servers)?

They could try clearing the browser cache before each demo to see if that helps.

Or if it's server side caching of javascript you could see if you can get the server admin to set the max-age header lower (or zero for no caching) for the folders where the search etc javascripts are located.
LucieElite
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by LucieElite »

Did you find the solution to this problem, because it also happened to me recently?
trent the thief
Propellus Maximus

Post by trent the thief »

This issue popped up in the Slack channels this morning. Here's a link: https://madcapflareusergroups.slack.com ... 5281541079

But just in case:
Steve Arrants suggested:
Some things to try:
Is the replaced file name the same (capitalization, etc.?)
Clean the project from the Project tab and rebuild and deploy. If you still see the old image...
Check the image file on the server. Is it the correct one?
Sometimes published content can be delayed by server-side caching.
Noana Rode responded:
capitalization is overwritten
cleaning the project wouldn't help because I can see the correct image in the local build anyway
yes, when I access the server, the image is correct
we had serious issues with server side caching (and possible we still do) but I cleaned the htaccess file last week and since then at least an updated structure is shown correctly. But I have the distinct feeling that this is the root to my problem

It turns out that is was a server-side caching issue.
Trent.

Certifiable.

umm...
I meant MAD Certified.

Official Propeller Beanie Owner :-)

:flare: Are you on Flare's Slack channels? PM me for an invitation! :flare:
Alan at jjj
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by Alan at jjj »

My IT Dept solved this problem for me yesterday - it's just as @Psider said, clearing the cache will solve it.

In my case the problem either showed 0 results or the Search runs forever (>1 hour). It only happened in Edge - in both Chrome & Firefox it worked perfectly.
trent the thief
Propellus Maximus

Post by trent the thief »

Why am I not surprised that it's M$'s browser causing the issue?

All hail the new Internet Exploder :lol:
Trent.

Certifiable.

umm...
I meant MAD Certified.

Official Propeller Beanie Owner :-)

:flare: Are you on Flare's Slack channels? PM me for an invitation! :flare: