Monterey OS on Mac M1 folder permissions problem - can't see folders below top level from flare

This forum is for all Flare issues related to importing files or projects.
BarbaraZB
Jr. Propeller Head

Monterey OS on Mac M1 folder permissions problem - can't see folders below top level from flare

Post by BarbaraZB »

I'm running Flare on Parallels on a Mac M1 with Monterey 12.6.1

I have been working on a project but it's been on the shelf for about a month.

I have no problems using Open to go search for and open a project. I can see all the folders and files in my entire directory.

Once I am in a project, however, and I want to go import an image into a topic page, the entire directory below the very top level is missing. Nothing shows up under Desktop. Or Downloads. There's nothing there.

Mac privacy and security for both Parallels and Flare are set to full access.

I have uploaded a multimedia file to the project maybe 2 months ago, so I used to have this access.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?
BarbaraZB
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Monterey OS on Mac M1 folder permissions problem - can't see folders below top level from flare

Post by BarbaraZB »

To clarify a little, it appears that Flare itself has access to my full directory, but individual projects within Flare do not have this same access.

I can copy and paste files from my computer and into Flare projects, but I cannot use the import utility and and I cannot drag and drop.