Code Snippet window not accessible

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
RJP_Home
Propeller Head

Code Snippet window not accessible

Post by RJP_Home »

Am I the only one who sees this? I click on Code Snippet on the Insert ribbon and and all I can see is that there is a new widow opened in the Task bar, behind the Flare icon. But that new window doesn't open when selected from the Task bar. I can't do anything in Flare until I close the Code Snippet editor window via the Task bar. Once that's done, closing Flare, deleting the Analyzer, Output, and CatapultMdiEditor folders clears up the problem, until it happens again at some random interval. Madcap support has no suggestions or answers other than deleting the aforementioned folders.
Psider
Propellus Maximus

Re: Code Snippet window not accessible

Post by Psider »

If you're using multiple monitors, or switching between using a laptop standalone and docked, windows can fall into the gap between monitors (figuratively speaking :) ).

Sometimes you can get them back with a couple of key presses but it depends how the screen/window/dialog box has been coded.

First, open the screen in question, making sure you don't click anywhere else - we want to ensure that screen is still in focus, even if you can't see it.

Key combo 1:
Press Alt+Spacebar, M.
Press any arrow key.
Waggle the mouse so the screen sticks to your cursor.
Click the left mouse button to drop it where you want.

If this doesn't work, try key combo 2.

Key combo 2:
You might need to click the task bar icon to focus the screen again, or close and reopen it using your work around.
Press the Windows key, then the left arrow key. Hopefully it'll stick to the left half of the monitor.
You could try the key combo another two times. This should cycle the screen between sticking to the left half of the screen, the right half of the screen and initial size and position.

I'm out of ideas if those options don't work.
RJP_Home
Propeller Head

Post by RJP_Home »

Thanks for the input, but it's not a matter of the window being hidden off screen somewhere, it's that the window just doesn't work. Normally, in the Taskbar you can see a snapshot of the window that shows the contents, as in the attached screen shot, and when you select the preview, that window becomes active. When I have my issue, the preview window in the Taskbar is still labeled Code Editor, but the preview itself is blank, as shown in the other screenshot, and if I select it, nothing happens. To get back to normal operation I have to close the Code Editor window in the Taskbar.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ADemers
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by ADemers »

I am getting the same problem... when I finally managed to find the window (your second option worked nicely), the Code Snippet window was non-responsive, laggy, and partially blank.

Any ideas?