Conditions "Popup"

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
teknikulriter
Propeller Head

Conditions "Popup"

Post by teknikulriter »

Sorry...not sure what the official technical name is. I'm in Flare and want to display the mini conditions popup that show the condition I'm using so I can select it easily. As we all know, selecting text in the xml editor to remove conditions can be a major undertaking. Any thoughts?
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Conditions "Popup"

Post by Nita Beck »

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by the conditions popup...

I find it pretty easy to remove conditions from text in the XML Editor, as long as I have elected to show span structure bars at the top of the XML Editor panel, not just at the tag structure bars at the left side. Say I have a few words in a paragraph to which I've assigned a condition that I then want to remove. I put the cursor anywhere in that paragraph, and then I look at the span bars at the top of the XML Editor. Those span bars will show the conditions. I just right-click the particular span bar for the condition I want to remove, and I select Unbind.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

Do you mean the floating tags that appear above the current item?

To switch those on, use Show Tags (eye icon) > Show Caret Tag Neighbourhood. (Help: https://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare20 ... orhood.htm)
So you could use that to select the condition tag itself, then use Ctrl+Shift+C to edit the conditions, or Ctrl+Shift+U to unbind (remove).

Or select the condition tags items using the structure bar as Nita suggests. You'll need one or both of these switched on to edit inline tags.
teknikulriter
Propeller Head

Post by teknikulriter »

Yeah. The first suggestion is not ideal, but it's a workaround.

The second doesn't work.

It's OK. I'll open yet another flare ticket. Thanks.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

Ok, but it really isn't clear what you mean by a "mini conditions popup", so we're having to guess what you're talking about.

If you need more help, you'll need to give more detail about what you're trying to do, and what doesn't work.