HTML output doesn’t show third level heading numbers in the Contents

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
JeffAlan
Propeller Head

HTML output doesn’t show third level heading numbers in the Contents

Post by JeffAlan »

In my HTML output, the third level headings do not show the section numbers in the Contents (on the left side), but they do show in the mini-toc. In the PDF output, they look fine (see screenshot at the bottom).
html.png
The Chapter 6 heading style is H1.chapTitle, the 6.1 heading style is h1, and the 6.1.1 heading style is p.headingSub1.

I have researched this issue extensively online, and I have I have tried everything that I can think of to fix this including modifying my style sheet, but nothing seems to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: HTML output doesn’t show third level heading numbers in the Contents

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

JeffAlan wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:45 am ... the 6.1.1 heading style is p.headingSub1 ...
You've identified the cause of the problem, because your heading 3 isn't actually a heading, it's a paragraph.

If you want headings to behave like headings, you ought to use h1 - h6 rather than a class of p. But that might not be practical if your project is huge. Might be worth a try though. There are too many ways to skin this particular cat* so I can't go into detail about how to resolve this, but you might want to have a go with one or two topics and see what happens.

* No actual cats were harmed in the writing of this post.
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
JeffAlan
Propeller Head

Re: HTML output doesn’t show third level heading numbers in the Contents

Post by JeffAlan »

That worked! What really had me perplexed was that it looked fine in the HTML mini-toc and in the PDF output, but not in the HTML Contents. Thank you so much. :D