Multiple TOC's from homepage

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
Melodie
Propeller Head

Multiple TOC's from homepage

Post by Melodie »

Apologies if the answer is already here somewhere, I have looked!

I want to create multiple TOC's and link to them from the homepage, Ideally, each link landing on a new page with the TOC for that section in the side navigation. I know this must be possible, just cant work out how?

Many thanks in advance
Self taught Flare Newbie!
Melodie
Propeller Head

Re: Multiple TOC's from homepage

Post by Melodie »

I think I have been given a solution so thought I would put it in here for anyone else looking:

Create a new Master page for each section then set the menu proxy for each topic on each master page and apply the menu.

Hope this helps someone :)
floyderama
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by floyderama »

Can you please explain the process in more detail? Thanks!
AlexFox
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by AlexFox »

I would recommend using Browse Sequences rather than multiple TOCs, but perhaps I have misunderstood your question?
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

Melodie has already given a solution to the question.

First create an individual template/master page for each section, and set the topics in each section to use that template/master page. See: https://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare20 ... -Pages.htm

Then in each template/master page, insert a menu proxy, and set the menu proxy to display the TOC for that section. See: https://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare20 ... c-Menu.htm

But note that the menu proxy displays a separate menu on the page, and this doesn't affect the main Side Navigation menu. You can't change the TOC displayed in the Side Navigation menu, as that shows the TOC selected in the target.
Melodie
Propeller Head

Post by Melodie »

NorthEast wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:46 am Melodie has already given a solution to the question.
Thanks Northeast, this is exactly what I did. (Sorry for slow replies everyone, I have been away)