Heading llevels in PDF output do not reflect TOC level

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
stanhaas
Jr. Propeller Head

Heading llevels in PDF output do not reflect TOC level

Post by stanhaas »

I am new to Madcap Flare so forgive me for asking a beginners question.
What I want is: the style used for a heading must depend on the level on which it is placed in the TOC hierarchy. So if the topic is in the root level of the TOC, it must use H1 style, but if it is a 'child' topic (one level deeper in the TOC) it must use H2 style.
I presumed that the 'Use TOC depth for heading levels' in the PDF target would fix this. However, all headings in my PDF output are still in H1 style, no matter at what level they are placed in the TOC.
The only difference the 'Use TOC depth for heading levels' seems to make is that the styles and level of the TOC displayed in the PDF are now indeed reflecting the TOC as configured in Madcap Flare. However, the actual content still has only H1 headers. Can somebody please help me?
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Heading llevels in PDF output do not reflect TOC level

Post by NorthEast »

When you select Use TOC depth for heading levels, you also need to set the mc-heading-level on your heading styles.
For example:

Code: Select all

h1 { mc-heading-level: 1; }
h2 { mc-heading-level: 2; }
h3 { mc-heading-level: 3; }
See: https://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare20 ... t-TOC1.htm
stanhaas
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Heading llevels in PDF output do not reflect TOC level

Post by stanhaas »

Hey NorthEast,

Thanks for response. I did as you suggested, but did not manage to get it working yet. Oddly enough, now the 'Use TOC depth for heading levels' check box does not seem to have any effect at all. All entries in the TOC are shown at the same level:
tocflat.JPG
But in the TOC in Madcap Flare, there are differences in level.
tocdepth.JPG
Any idea why?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.