Setup Config transfer to new computer

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
John Owens
Propeller Head

Setup Config transfer to new computer

Post by John Owens »

After moving to a new computer, I have a problem with my Title page layout image being duplicated(tiled) and note, tip, and warning icons being to small.
At first I thought it was due to upgrading to 2023R2, but now I see that it works properly on my old computer.
Since the project files are the same on both computers, I guess there must be some differences in the Flare setup on the two computers. Are there some configuration files that I can transfer to the new computer, so that it will behave the same.
SteveS
Senior Propellus Maximus
Location: Adelaide, far side of the world ( 34°56'0.78\"S 138°46'44.28\"E).

Re: Setup Config transfer to new computer

Post by SteveS »

New computer? New monitor as well?

Tiling is a CSS attribute, so make sure the image is not set to tile. Also, look at monitor resolution; things look smaller on a large-resolution monitor. Also, make sure scaling is set to 100%, not higher (to make things look bigger), because that is known to cause display problems.

Of course, I might be barking up the wrong tree entirely...
Steve
Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad red wine.
John Owens
Propeller Head

Re: Setup Config transfer to new computer

Post by John Owens »

Thanks Steve. Sorry, wrong tree :)
I use the same external monitor on both computers. Also, all of the files, including the CSS, are exact copies. So, I think it must be a difference in the Flare installation configuration or some Flare config properties that are set differently on the computers.