Time/Date variable set to update "On File Save" updates on every Central build

AlexFox
Sr. Propeller Head

Time/Date variable set to update "On File Save" updates on every Central build

Post by AlexFox »

I have raised a bug for this, but hoping the community has some insight/workaround.

I have a Time/Date variable that updates on each file save and works perfectly in local builds, however when the project is pushed to central and built into a central-hosted site, all instances of the timestamp are updated to the build time, despite many of the topics not being edited for days. This renders the timestamp useless as I don't want to display when the site was built.

Has anyone encountered this before and possibly has a workaround? I don't particularly want to use manually updated Time/Date variable so I have not experimented with those yet.
RStreets
Propeller Head

Re: Time/Date variable set to update "On File Save" updates on every Central build

Post by RStreets »

I'm assuming from what you wrote that your process is to upload content to Central and use Central's build to publish to your Central-hosted site? (Forgive me, if that's not what you meant.) If that's the case, have you tried publishing into Central from your local copy of Flare? Does that preserve the variables?

That might be the workaround you need, if it fits your workflow.
Rae Streets (Flare user since 2017, now on Flare 2023; Central user from 2020)
AlexFox
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Time/Date variable set to update "On File Save" updates on every Central build

Post by AlexFox »

@RStreets that was exactly the fix I needed, thank you!

🍪