Search and Replace

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
Harben1949
Jr. Propeller Head

Search and Replace

Post by Harben1949 »

I have a comment about using Search and Replace. I understand from Madcap tech support that this is quite a basic feature. However I dont know if there are many other users like myself who have experienced the shock of losing many figures from their topics, when the search for text is included in figure captions.
It is a major negative experience to be faced with missing figure tags :cry: requiring extra effort to find and replace the 'missing' figures. Simply if the search and replace utility igmored captions then the post replace function would be much more user friendly in my opinion. Worst case scenario is the user is required to modify caption content manually. Much, much easier than searching for missing figures. Surely not rocket science to adjust this utility?
trent the thief
Propellus Maximus

Re: Search and Replace

Post by trent the thief »

Hi Harben,

Flare's SR function is standard. The main differences are the options to look in only code, snippets, topics, etc.

Global SR actions need a great deal of care. You'll need to get in the habit of checking the "found" list before applying the changes.

I doubt if MC would add a function to exclude a particular tag from the search. Here's the enhancement request link:

https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
Trent.

Certifiable.

umm...
I meant MAD Certified.

Official Propeller Beanie Owner :-)

:flare: Are you on Flare's Slack channels? PM me for an invitation! :flare: