"On this page" Menu

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
ShannonAmelia
Jr. Propeller Head

"On this page" Menu

Post by ShannonAmelia »

Hi, can anybody guide me on how to go about adding an "On this page:" right-side menu to long topics in my Flare project? I see something like this in WordPress: "WordPress plugin which adds a user-friendly and fully automatic way to create and display a table of contents from the page content." So something along those lines but through Flare.

I appreciate the help!

Thanks, Shannon
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: "On this page" Menu

Post by NorthEast »

To get the menu, open your template/master page, then insert the Topic Menu (menu proxy) as described in the help, and set it to use (Headings).
Creating a Topic Menu help://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare2023r2/Content/Flare/Proxies/Menus/Creating-Topic-Menu.htm
You can also choose how many heading levels (depth) to display, and use a skin to style the menu and choose if it's fixed/sticky when you scroll the page.

To put the menu on the right, it's a good idea to consider using a responsive layout on your template/master page so it works on both large and small screens. On a small phone screen, I put the menu above the topic body instead of the right. I use CSS flexbox to handle the layout, but Flare has a built in "Responsive Layouts" designer.
ShannonAmelia
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by ShannonAmelia »

Thank you for the detailed reply! Very much appreciated :)
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »