Default URLs for Different Versions

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
annie_zempel
Jr. Propeller Head

Default URLs for Different Versions

Post by annie_zempel »

We use Flare + Central to publish our user-facing documentation site, and we manage multiple versions of the same documentation as different Flare branches. Each of these branches is linked to its own site in Central for publication. We also use our own host-mapped domain and add a vanity to each site URL to distinguish the versions. (We've been able to manage navigating from one version to another within the site with some custom javascript.) My issue, however, is that I'm not sure how to create one stable/default URL that will always update to the newest version of the site for all of our topics. I have figured out how to set a default home page in Flare, so our "main" link to the docs site is always updated to the newest version, but many users like to bookmark specific topics, so it would be nice to be able to always point to a stable version of a document at the same location. Has anyone encountered this same issue? Any pointers? I'll take any direction in figuring out a solution on this one. TIA!