HTML Toolbar Issues

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
RFox
Jr. Propeller Head

HTML Toolbar Issues

Post by RFox »

Our HTML output has a series of buttons, like View PDF, Print, Prev, and Next in a toolbar at the upper right. All are defined (I thought) in one of two Skin files. Each of the six buttons includes a small graphical icon with text next to it.

On mouseover, each button changes color and adds a line underneath.

In the attached file:
Top left, you can see the View PDF button with the (almost) double icons. Top right, you can see the button during mouseover where the hover icon appears to the right. It's as if there's another icon PNG file displayed behind it.
Bottom left, you can see the Expand button that somehow looks good. But bottom right, you can see the button during mouseover with what almost looks like three buttons overlapping each other.

My questions:
  • Could there be another toolbar skin defined for the output?
  • Where is the mouseover behavior defined?
  • In the Flare toolbar skin, the PNG icon file is not on my computer. For example, View PDF.png and Prnt.png. Where does Flare store these files? The mouseover (hover) PNG files are in one of my Flare folders.
Thanks in advance.
Madcap Flare 2023 r2
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: HTML Toolbar Issues

Post by NorthEast »

First, I'd ask whether it has always been broken or was it working previously? If it was working ok before, then what has been changed recently?

It's hard to say what's happening. Some of the problems might be caused by settings in the toolbar skin, and some problems might be caused by your stylesheet CSS.Your stylesheet might include CSS that is interferes with the toolbar; for example, it might include a button:hover style.

Couple of ways to check for problems:
* Copy your toolbar skin to a blank project, and see if you get the same problems.
* Inspect your HTML5 output using the browser dev tools (F12), to see if any styles are being applied from your own stylesheet CSS.
RFox wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:00 am In the Flare toolbar skin, the PNG icon file is not on my computer. For example, View PDF.png and Prnt.png. Where does Flare store these files? The mouseover (hover) PNG files are in one of my Flare folders.
The images are actually embedded inside the skin file (*.flskn).
I think the original idea of this was that you can easily copy a skin as a single file, without having to copy lots of linked image files.
RFox
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: HTML Toolbar Issues

Post by RFox »

Thanks. I'll keep looking into it with your suggestions.

As for whether it's always been like this - it's a legacy system so I would say yes. I managed to fix one issue with one button but this mouseover has me stumped so far.

Thanks again.