LibGit2Sharp Exception: the index is locked; this might be due to concurrent or crashed process

This forum is for all Flare issues related to using Source Control.
IPRO_JB
Propeller Head

LibGit2Sharp Exception: the index is locked; this might be due to concurrent or crashed process

Post by IPRO_JB »

Hi All,

We're using Flare and GitHub and I'm relatively new to the GitHub world. Yesterday, I committed my changes. Then I attempted to do a Pull Request. Flare hung up during the process and I ended up having to end task on Flare as it was completely locked up. Now, when I attempt to do a pull request, I get the same error message. If I delete the lock file and do a pull request the process window just says "Pulling local changes from remote" and nothing happens. I don't have authority to have GitBash installed and my company has very strict rules about software installs. Sounds like MC support needs this in order to be able to help me. Alas, I don't see that happening anytime soon. I'm stuck in limbo at this point and need to be able to make forward progress. Would it be possible for create a new project, import from source, and then somehow copy my changes that I'd made over from my backed up copy of my project? It sounds super dodgy but I'm not sure how else to move forward. Thoughts? Any ideas are welcome!!