Can't update or override page title on page load

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
pinefogflatpetrichor
Jr. Propeller Head

Can't update or override page title on page load

Post by pinefogflatpetrichor »

My company's SEO team passed along some reports that our docs have a number of SEO errors related to duplicate page titles. I'm a web developer who is fairly unfamiliar with Madcap Flare in general.

I looked around in the exported pages and it looks like the page containing the frame overrides the page title to some generic title on load.

Looking around in the JS, I can see the correct title in `Connect.page_info.title` and tried adding some js to the index.html file to update the title onload. No matter what I do I can't get it to update. I've used a number of on load events, set a timeout, run code on an interval, but it just won't seem to update the main document's title. There's even a native `Connect.UpdateTitle()` function in there being called but it doesn't seem to have any affect either.

Running `document.title = Connect.page_info.title` from my browser console works so I know the necessary title is there.

Is there something I'm missing or not understanding here?

These are old docs that can't be re-generated so I'll have to just work with the existing docs.

Thank you!