TOC Depth method for TOC with consists of several tocs

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
Anne2404
Jr. Propeller Head

TOC Depth method for TOC with consists of several tocs

Post by Anne2404 »

Hello,

On the advice of an expert, I changed the structure of my project. Before that I worked with different heading levels and didn't use the TOC-Depth. Now I just want to work with the heading level 1 and the function "Use Toc depth for heading levels", to be more flexible and more in line with the idea of single source publishing.

I'm working with a primary TOC, wich is composed of severall small tables of contents. It's just several TOCs in a row.

I changed all the headings into H1-Headings. When I produce my PDF-Targed, the first topic of a "small toc" always has a h2-Heading numbering (1.1 for example), but It should be a H1-Heading numbering.

If I put the first topic before the a "small TOC", it gets the heading leve l1. And if produce the targed with just one of the "small tocs" as a primary toc, the numerbing is also as intended.

This leads me to suspect that this is due to my structure with the TOCs in a row. What do you think? Do I have to structure my project differently or am I making another mistake?

Greetings and kind regards,
Anne
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: TOC Depth method for TOC with consists of several tocs

Post by NorthEast »

Open your primary TOC, and open the Properties for each small TOC (right-click and select Properties).
In the TOC item properties, go to the Advanced tab and select When Merging, replace node with merged TOC.
Set this for each small TOC in the primary TOC.