Impact on website performance when collecting analysis

owensmn
Propeller Head

Impact on website performance when collecting analysis

Post by owensmn »

Hi
We're looking to enable the collection of analytics on our cloud environment product help system (HTML5).
It's a big ERP cloud server serving thousands of users, and we're recording the analytics on our MadCap Central instance.

As I understand it, each user interaction will trigger a number of calls to MadCap Central to do the logging.
Does this happen concurrently or before or after serving of the help page to the user?

Will the users notice a degradation in help performance when logging is enabled?

As this is big step for us, can anyone share their experiences or comment on the above?
Best Regards
Mark
owensmn
Propeller Head

Re: Impact on website performance when collecting analysis

Post by owensmn »

Hi,
I was kind of hoping that someone from MadCap lurks on these forums and would be able to comment?
Should I be concerned regarding the lack of response?
Best Regards
Mark
robdocsmith
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Impact on website performance when collecting analysis

Post by robdocsmith »

This is a peer to peer forum for Madcap product users and Madcap's staff rarely monitor it. If you've no reply it might just be that no one has any direct experience to help. Or they are just busy. If you need more urgent help or information from Madcap, best to contact them directly via the support numbers: https://www.madcapsoftware.com/support/ ... tions.aspx. I've found them to be responsive and helpful when I've needed them.

Sorry I can't help. I'm not a Central user.

If you do get help outside of the forum, it would be good to post the response so it could help future users.

Cheers,
Rob