Logo and Search box in the side navication part?

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
henkjans
Propeller Head

Logo and Search box in the side navication part?

Post by henkjans »

Maybe I didn't express myself well in the previous topic.

My question is as follows:
The html5 page in the format "Web Medium" on a 28" monitor is not a problem. Enough space here.

However, the format "Tablet Medium" that I use for a 17" monitor, is too small for the same html5 page.
That's why I would like to remove the header and the logo and search box in the "Side navigation" part.
See both images, "Actual" is what it is, "Wish" (which I photoshopped (poorly)) is what I want/need.

Is this possible?
Actual.png
Wish.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thanks,
Henk Jan Schut
The Netherlands
Psider
Propellus Maximus

Re: Logo and Search box in the side navication part?

Post by Psider »

Is the web medium appropriate for the 17" monitor? If so you could redefine where the tablet breakpoint is so your normal web medium displays on the smaller monitor. You'd just change the Tablet breakpoint to a smaller number in the Target > Skin tab. Just asking the question, in case you'd just prefer the web layout to display on the 17" monitor.

Otherwise, read on.

You can easily turn off the header in the tablet view by clicking on the Header option and setting display to none.

The menu will be trickier though as there aren't any controls in the skin editor. You'll have to go into the output and figure out if/what css styles you need to add to your stylesheet to force the menu to permanently display in tablet mode.

I think there are actually two menus hidden in the code, so it might be easier to force the "web" nav pane to display rather than trying to reposition the tablet one (from right to left side, etc), There'll still be several moving parts to track down either way.
henkjans
Propeller Head

Re: Logo and Search box in the side navication part?

Post by henkjans »

Okay Psider,
many thanks for your quick reply.
I will consider your options.
Thanks,
Henk Jan Schut
The Netherlands