Enhancement: Concept, Index, and Glossary Report

This forum is for all Flare issues related to getting started and installing the application.
BL_N
Propeller Head

Enhancement: Concept, Index, and Glossary Report

Post by BL_N »

I'll submit this at the appropriate page, but thought I'd post it here for whatever 'heck yeah!' support it may draw. It would be very helpful to have the ability to generate a printable listing/report of the concepts, index, and glossary entries, particularly for purposes of committee review or cross-departmental editing sessions. I note you can open the glossary with notepad, but the tagging is a distraction and you have to manually strip them to get to a review document. I find no means as yet by which to manage even this with the index or the concept listing.
"I" before "E" except after "C" or when sounded as "A" as in 'neighbor' and 'weigh'.
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Enhancement: Concept, Index, and Glossary Report

Post by LTinker68 »

It would definitely be a good idea if that could be done from within Flare.

However, you can do that now manually. If you generate the output then look in the Data folder in that output folder, then you'll find that Flare took the index terms and other items and made XML files for them. Open Microsoft Excel, go to import data, and select that file. Excel will indicate that no schema was found, so it'll create its own, but you'll end up with a spreadsheet. You might need to do a bit a cleanup, depending on what you're importing, but it's still usable. (For instance, if you import the index file then you'll get several repeats of each term, depending on how many times you used it in the project.)

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
BL_N
Propeller Head

Re: Enhancement: Concept, Index, and Glossary Report

Post by BL_N »

Great idea. Thank you!
"I" before "E" except after "C" or when sounded as "A" as in 'neighbor' and 'weigh'.