Flare 3.1 having issues importing more than one doc

This forum is for all Flare issues related to importing files or projects.
amberlink
Propeller Head

Flare 3.1 having issues importing more than one doc

Post by amberlink »

Using Flare 3.1
Created brand new project
Went to File > Import Project > Import MS Word Documents
Went through the whole wizard, indicated to import 3 Word Documents in the root of my local drive
Flare went through it's import process.

No errors.

yet ONLY the first of the 3 files is constantly being imported. The second and third are consistently being ignored. I'm shown that the files are being converted to HTML and that Heading 1, Heading 2, and Heading 3 are where my topics are being created. Yet NONE of the other files are being brought in.

I've highlighted all three files and made sure that the first file does NOT have the caret pointing to it thinking this may be an issue. Yet, nothing. Only the first of the three files listed is imported.

Any help?

Also, tried importing the other two files into this project AFTER it imported just the first one, I keep seeing the same error message when I choose to import the doc files into the existing project on the "Enter Project Info" dialog:

"The folder XXXXXX already exists. Please enter another project name or pick another folder."

Now, if I WANT to import these two other files INTO my existing project why is that being prevented?

Okay, went and read the help. Followed the directions for adding more files to my existing project. Double-clicked the FLIMP file and voila my documents are listed as being in my project. So, I go through the various tabs.

When I click the "Imported Files" tab, Flare crashes. Every time Flare crashes when I try to access this tab.
Richard Ferrell
Propellus Maximus

Re: Flare 3.1 having issues importing more than one doc

Post by Richard Ferrell »

If you try to import them indovudually do they import correctly? If you open the file in Word an attempt to save as XML does it work?

If you are still having problems then Please open a support ticket

https://www.madcapsoftware.com/support/contact.aspx
Richard Ferrell

Certified Madcap Trainer
lacastle
Propellus Maximus

Post by lacastle »

Last edited by lacastle on Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
amberlink
Propeller Head

Post by amberlink »

@Richard,

The files export fine to XML via Word. I'll open a support ticket.

@lacastle, thank you for the link