How can I track changes?

This Forum for all general issues about Contributor
JupiterJones
Propeller Head

How can I track changes?

Post by JupiterJones »

I just had a first look at X-Edit Review in combination with Flare 4.
When integrating the corrections back into Flare I can accept/disable every single annotation in the reviewed topic, but I can only accept/not accept the changes for the whole topic - without knowing exactly what has been changed.

How do I find modified paragraphs or other elements to check whether the correction makes sense? Is there a way to compare the orginal to the reviewed topic?
Is there some kind of "track changes" function like in Word? That would be very helpful!

Regards,
JJ
bbuchko
Propeller Head

Re: How can I track changes?

Post by bbuchko »

My company is finally settling into a short, relatively low-stress period, and I'm looking into X-Edit as an easy way to get my help reviewed. I, too, am curious about this question. Anyone know the answer?
Bob Buchko
Technical Communicator
Corporate Trainer
Flare Noob
Richard Ferrell
Propellus Maximus

Post by Richard Ferrell »

Its not possible to currently track Changes, but what some users have done is that make a copy of the Orignal topic, so when they get the reviewed one back, they can compare them, before or after they accept the changes.
Richard Ferrell

Certified Madcap Trainer
Robotman
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Robotman »

Richard Ferrell wrote:Its not possible to currently track Changes, but what some users have done is that make a copy of the Orignal topic, so when they get the reviewed one back, they can compare them, before or after they accept the changes.
We've just done some testing with x-edit review 1.1 and whilst we'll implement it for effectively blank topics, we won't implement the full review until we can select the changes we want to include/exclude. I'm looking forward to v2 (hopefully not too far away).
\m/ Gary \m/
Flare 2020 / Windows 10 64-Bit
Screaming Symphony