Any way to disable scanning ... totally...?

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
rkiskan
Propeller Head

Any way to disable scanning ... totally...?

Post by rkiskan »

Is there any way to kill the scanning totally? I don't just want to optimize it, I want to stop it 100%?

Thanks
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Any way to disable scanning ... totally...?

Post by NorthEast »

Not that I know of - there's just the option to disable collecting phrases (Tools>Options, Analyzer tab), which speeds things up a little bit.
Skooter
Propeller Head

Post by Skooter »

Good question. I was wondering the same thing. Should be a feature request along the lines of ("I never asked for this, i :shock: f I want to analyse my project I will use Analyzer thanks very much...)
Someone's boring me. I think it's me.
Richard Ferrell
Propellus Maximus

Post by Richard Ferrell »

It not possible to competly turn off the scan part of Flare. You can disable the Advance scan under tools, Options, Analyzer settings.
Richard Ferrell

Certified Madcap Trainer
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

Skooter wrote:I was wondering the same thing. Should be a feature request along the lines of ("I never asked for this, i :shock: f I want to analyse my project I will use Analyzer thanks very much...)
You were drowned out by the people who thought the features in Analyzer should have been included in Flare. But it seems like there should be an option to totally disable the Analyzer features in Flare, especially if you have the full version of Analyzer that you can use. Or, for those who want Analyzer in Flare, then temporarily disable it while they're doing a lot of writing, then turn it back on just before they're about to release their output so that they can check everything one last time.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
mattbnh
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by mattbnh »

Given that in 4.1 SP1 Analyzer goes off and pegs my machine at 100% CPU sometimes when I insert a space, maybe if full Analyzer had a off switch, it would really boost sales.

As it is, I wish I had never heard the word Analyzer. It is killing my productivity on large projects.

Please add an off switch, or a startup command line parameter or something. I turn off the Options>disable collecting phrases and Intellisenseless, and I still get bogged down.

I like the reports, but if I could run them on demand only that would be better, even if it took 10 minutes.

PS - I still love you guys. It has just been a long day at the office, and my system just seems to love analyzing.
KevinDAmery
Propellus Maximus

Post by KevinDAmery »

As usual, if you've got a request, submit it here:

https://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx

Madcap support does monitor the forums, but they don't always catch everything (their official job is responding to maintenance contract requests, not forum posts). So requests that are made via the forums might get added to their system, or they might not. Submitting them through the form guarantees that they'll receive it.
Until next time....
Kevin Amery
Certified MAD for Flare