TOC not importing ALL CAPS properly

This forum is for all Flare issues related to importing files or projects.
papa-mike
Propeller Head

TOC not importing ALL CAPS properly

Post by papa-mike »

I have a style in a command parameter reference guide that I want displayed as ALL CAPS.
The style is all caps, I have even manually ensured that they are all caps (Shift+F3 - to get all caps) since even though the style font is set to all caps I noticed that when entering lower case letters Flare inported then like that (mixed up). The Word TOC for that style is also ALL CAPS.
Why doesn't my flare toc display the command style as ALL CAPS?
Mike
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: TOC not importing ALL CAPS properly

Post by LTinker68 »

First, the style doesn't physically change all the characters you typed to uppercase letters -- it transforms them to all uppercase at run (build) time, but the characters are entered in the topic in the way you typed them. Second, the TOC entries have their own tag (p.TOC1, p.TOC2, etc.). It only pulls the content information when it builds the TOC -- it doesn't pull the style information, so if you actually typed the heading using upper- and lowercase letters then that is what the TOC entry will display. If you want the TOC entry to be in all caps, then you need to modify the relevant tag for the TOC entry (e.g., p.TOC1), just like you did for the tag you're using in the topic.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.