Remove Search Highlighting Not working

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the Microsoft HTML Help target.
This target produces "CHM" files in the output.
ENJ
Propeller Head

Remove Search Highlighting Not working

Post by ENJ »

My Remove Search Highlighting button no longer works in CHM files (not sure if it ever did!). Is this button only designed for WebHelp outputs? I have a skin that I use for both CHM and WebHelp output. The items that you choose on the WebHelp toolbar tab will also appear in the CHM file (perhaps it shouldn't?!).

Thanks!
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Remove Search Highlighting Not working

Post by LTinker68 »

Some of the icons in the WebHelp toolbar don't work in the CHM output because there's no corresponding functionality in CHM. Removing the highlighting may be one of those options. Or it could be a bug.

I don't have Flare open at the moment -- is the remove highlight icon an option in the HTML Help tab of the skin? If it is, try disabling the WebHelp toolbar and rebuilding and see if that icon works in normal CHM output. If it does, then there's a bug in WebHelp with that icon in the WebHelp toolbar, in which case you should submit a bug report.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
ENJ
Propeller Head

Post by ENJ »

I don't see a "Remove Hightlight" option for the HTML Help output so this feature must be exclusively for WebHelp (especially since it is on the WebHelp tab of the skin). Madcap just forgot to exclude these WebHelp buttons from the HTML output. Oh well :)

Thanks!
gewriter_2
Propeller Head

Post by gewriter_2 »

Remove Search Highlight is actually a toggled option available if you use the 'Options' button. It's available in the drop-down. So it can be used in HTML.
Rachel Hiatt
Information Developer
GE Healthcare
ENJ
Propeller Head

Post by ENJ »

Hi Rachel,

Thank you for your reply. Are you referring to the "Search Highlight Off' option under the Options button (toolbar)? I believe that one is only to permanently disable/enable the search highligh feature. It won't remove the search highlighting for the topic as the other WebHelp toolbar button would do.

Thanks,

Enj
gewriter_2
Propeller Head

Post by gewriter_2 »

ENJ wrote:Hi Rachel,

Thank you for your reply. Are you referring to the "Search Highlight Off' option under the Options button (toolbar)? I believe that one is only to permanently disable/enable the search highligh feature. It won't remove the search highlighting for the topic as the other WebHelp toolbar button would do.

Thanks,

Enj

Right. It's not as specific as removing the highlight for an individual topic, but if the user's goal is to get rid of the search highlight, globally removing it is better than nothing.
Rachel Hiatt
Information Developer
GE Healthcare