Access denied message in X-Edit review

This Forum for all general issues about Contributor
frede
Jr. Propeller Head

Access denied message in X-Edit review

Post by frede »

Hi,
This is my problem
1. I receive a topic via email which I want to review.
2. I double-click on the attached topic in Outlook and select to Open the attached file.
3. X-Edit review launches and asks me what to do. I select to "Open for review / edit in X-edit review"
4. Yet another dialog pops up asking me where I want to save the file. I thought I selected to open it?!
5. I choose a directory to save the file and click OK.
6. A dialog with the text appears. Failed to "Open File": Access is denied. The caption of the dialog is MadCap EMail Request Handler.

This is very confusing cause first I select the Open the file, not save it. The default save directory in the Open WIth... dialog is the temporary internet files folder but t hat is not where I save the files once the save as dialog pops up in step 5. The ideal would be that you could specify the save folder and files were automatically saved there when you open the file from an email. I now have to manually save the files and open them from X-Edit which works fine. Also

This is on a Windows Vista x64 machine. I have set Everyone to have full control on the directory where I save the file.

Regards
Fredrik Vestin, Prodacapo AB
Vibha
Propeller Head

Re: Access denied message in X-Edit review

Post by Vibha »

Hi Fredrick,

I face almost the same issue but what i get here is that when a user opens the file using outlook it says " It is being used by another process".

Please if you have any clue about the same please let me know.

Regards
Vibha
frede
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Access denied message in X-Edit review

Post by frede »

Doesn't there anyone from MadCap watch these forums? It doesn't look that way. :(