Any way to view conditions in Lingo?

This Forum is for general issues about MadCap Lingo
Mette Nyberg
Propeller Head

Any way to view conditions in Lingo?

Post by Mette Nyberg »

I have a Flare project in which I apply single-sourcing for two products. However, I only need one of these products to be translated. Using Lingo, how can I tell the translator which parts to ignore (because these belong to the other product)? I may for example have a bulleted list of 10 products features. Three of these features should be ignored (because they belong to the other product). Many of my topics also have two parallel screen captures and supporting description. I have a condition for that in Flare and naturally it works like a charm in here. But in Lingo I don't see how I can use these conditions. What can I do to let the translator know what to translate and what not to. I have 155 and I dread having to go through all of them and point this out.
Mette
forfear
Propellus Maximus

Re: Any way to view conditions in Lingo?

Post by forfear »

you won't like the answer.

its possible at this point in time.
the madcap lingo dev team might have taken that out to keep the editor interface as clean as possible. submit a request for this. its probably a quick fix for them i think.
Mette Nyberg wrote:I have a Flare project in which I apply single-sourcing for two products. However, I only need one of these products to be translated. Using Lingo, how can I tell the translator which parts to ignore (because these belong to the other product)? I may for example have a bulleted list of 10 products features.
....I have 155 and I dread having to go through all of them and point this out.

Alternatively, mette nyberg, you could
for the product you want translated, in Flare, build the target with the correct conditions .
since your conditions are all intact in Flare.
Then ask the translator to refer to this 'ala-benchmark' project to identify topics/segments that you want translated.
that's all. its probably less work than pointing out 155 items.
its a workaround i think.
If you submit your bug feedback request here, the more likely it'll get fixed or included in a future release
Open Utilities PageLayout Resizer for Flare/Blaze | Batch builder