Multiple Page Layouts in same project

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
QuadraQ
Sr. Propeller Head

Multiple Page Layouts in same project

Post by QuadraQ »

OK I have some page layouts with a 'tab' on the right that marks the section of the book that we're in. So for example Section1 has a tab on the upper right. Section 2 has a tab shifted down compared to Section 1 and so on.

I have a bunch of pages that are part of Section 1 and I want them to use page layout for Section 1, and some more pages that are part of Section 2 that needs to use the page layout for Section 2.

I can't figure out how to assign a page layout to a page.
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Multiple Page Layouts in same project

Post by LTinker68 »

You do it through the TOC. In the Properties screen for a TOC entry, you're going to want to select the option to start a new chapter. Then you select the page layout to use, and the type of page in that page layout that the first topic in the chapter should use, the type of page numbering scheme to use, if the page numbers should start over or continue, and if the chapter should automatically end on an empty page, if necessary. All the topics beneath that topic will follow the same scheme, until you specify a new chapter start. The new chapter can use the same layout as the previous one, or it can use a different page layout. So in your situation you'll probably have a bit of a leapfrog effect going on -- Book A is a new chapter using Section 1 layout, Book B is a new chapter using Section 2 layout, Book C is a new chapter using Section 1 layout, and so on.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.