Statistics Flare pages

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
Frederik
Jr. Propeller Head

Statistics Flare pages

Post by Frederik »

I would like to know if there are within Flare options to add something to pages so you have an idea how often the pages are visited. For example to add a code to the page or something. Has some one experiences in this??

Frederik
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Statistics Flare pages

Post by LTinker68 »

There is Javascript code that you can get off various Internet sites that records the number of visits. You'd have to manually add that code to the source code for the topic (open the topic in the Internal Text Editor and insert the JavaScript code).

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
Madcap Guru
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Madcap Guru »

If you have feedback server it will tell you how often a page is vistied, but Google Analytics is another way to go and its free, it just requires you adding some JavaScript into a masterpage.
Rick Ferrell

Former Flare and Robohelp Support
Ineffable
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Ineffable »

I just installed Google Analytics and it has been very helpful, providing with a lot of valuable information about who is using my help system.

Actually, I was pretty amazed at how detailed the reporting is. Had no idea that people from Sierra Leone were visiting my site!
forfear
Propellus Maximus

Post by forfear »

also remember a large portion are spam bots and search bots so a large portion needs to be accounted for that as well.
If you submit your bug feedback request here, the more likely it'll get fixed or included in a future release
Open Utilities PageLayout Resizer for Flare/Blaze | Batch builder
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

And some people still go through AOL and similar access points, so all their users will appear to be in the same geographic area when they're really all over the U.S. That may not be as prevalent now, but I remember a few years ago we were surprised at how many people in Virginia went to our site, until we realized they were probably AOL users.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by RamonS »

A nice tool is also Webalizer. It crunches through the log files and generates some nice reports.