Disappearing TOC when Use TOC Depth for Headings is selected

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
parsonsv
Sr. Propeller Head

Disappearing TOC when Use TOC Depth for Headings is selected

Post by parsonsv »

This isn't happening in EVERY project. Sigh. Which makes this more difficult. However, perhaps you have encountered this ghost and can provide me with some insight.

I have an export to PDF target for my style guide. I added a table of contents to my PDF by creating a TOC topic and inserting a TOC Proxy into it.

In the Printed Output section of the target, I selected "Use TOC depth for heading levels", and when I compile my PDF, the chapters are correct with the correct heading styles applied to the chapters, but the TOC is completely empty.

If I clear the "Use TOC depth for heading levels" check box and recompile, I have a full TOC. However, the layout of the PDF isn't ideal because all my topics have H1 headings at the top, and that's not an idea format for the printed PDF or for the layout in the TOC.

Any ideas?
Victoria Clarke
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Disappearing TOC when Use TOC Depth for Headings is selected

Post by LTinker68 »

The only thing I can think of is that you somehow set the mc-heading-level property for the h1 tag to "0". Doing that prevents that TOC entry from appearing in the generated output but still allows the topic to be included. Look at the h1 tag, specifically in the print medium, and see what the mc-heading-level value is set to on that tag. It should be set to 1. If it's not set for the print medium then check the default medium, because it'll inherit the value of that attribute from the default medium.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
parsonsv
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Disappearing TOC when Use TOC Depth for Headings is selected

Post by parsonsv »

it's set to 1 :( It's intermittent. Sigh. Who knows. Thanks
Victoria Clarke