Style for Note Autonumber text in print

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
mattf
Sr. Propeller Head

Style for Note Autonumber text in print

Post by mattf »

I have Note, Tip, Warning etc. styles set up as paragraph styles (p.note, etc.). I did this a long time ago. I thought I had it set up so that in both Print and Web the word "NOTE:" would be bold, but the content following that word would be normal weight. After Flare 4 and the straight-to-PDF (Thankyou, Thankyou, Thankyou) I noticed that the bold is not there in the PDF, though it still is in the webhelp. I can't even remember where or how that bold got set. It is not in the same Autonumber style where you specify the text. I seem to recall I had to create a class to define the "note". I must have done that, because I thought this working before Flare 4.

What changed?

More importantly, how do I set that style? Thanks.

-Matt F.
Matt F
You learn something new every day if you're not careful.
forfear
Propellus Maximus

Re: Style for Note Autonumber text in print

Post by forfear »

Did you use the Autonumber format setting to do that?

You could have added an Autonumber format with to append a 'Note' in front.
If you submit your bug feedback request here, the more likely it'll get fixed or included in a future release
Open Utilities PageLayout Resizer for Flare/Blaze | Batch builder
garyjgeoaccess
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by garyjgeoaccess »

mattf:

You use the "mc-auto-number-class" attribute to assign a style to the "Note" text. As an example, here is what my stylesheet looks like for notes (with the relevant stuff in red):

p.Note
{
text-align: left;
margin-left: 1.5in;
margin-right: 0in;
margin-top: 10pt;
margin-bottom: 10pt;
font-family: 'CG Omega';
font-weight: normal;
font-style: normal;
font-size: 10pt;
letter-spacing: 0em;
color: #000000;
mc-auto-number-format: 'Note: ';
mc-auto-number-position: inside-head;
mc-auto-number-offset: 0px;
mc-auto-number-class: Bold;

text-indent: 0pt;
line-height: 12pt;
text-decoration: none;
padding: 0pt;
}

The value "Bold" for "mc-auto-number-class" specifies a style class in the stylesheet. Here's an example from my stylesheet:

.Bold
{
font-weight: bold;
}

You can name this class whatever you want and give it all the attributes you want.

That's it.
mattf
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by mattf »

@forfear,
Hi, good to hear from you again. Yes, I used the autonumber format to create the word NOTE and I used a span class to format it.
@gary, where you have a class called "Bold" I had a class called "note" and I defined it in my .css with a span calss (span.note). I'm changing it to what you've suggested to see what happens.

Thanks guys.

-Matt
Matt F
mattf
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by mattf »

yes, gary, that worked. At first, it reversed things, so that it worked in the PDF but then the WebHelp had NO bold. Then I fiddled with the stylesheet (copied your little .Bold class from the one place I had put it (probably in the @print section) and pasted it as well in the @non-print media and the stuff that isn't specified, I guess that's @default) and now it all works. I'm now not sure what my span.* classes are doing, or why someone ever told me to create those, which makes me nervous, but all's well that continues to go well...

Thanks again.
Matt F